The aim of Kinderballet™ is to introduce the basics of Classical Ballet through imagination and creative movement.
‘Preschool Ballet’ is simply ballet aimed at the preschool level. Kinderballet™ is a ballet program developed specifically for children aged between 2 and 5 years, as an introduction to Classical Ballet. The challenge with teaching this age group is to hold their attention while introducing them to basic movement principles.
At Kinderballet™, the children learn Classical ballet steps and develop basic gross motor skills through imagery and story-telling. Our Programs are strongly influenced by current pre-school education trends in teaching through play acknowledging that pre-school children are a highly imaginative age group with pretend play being an important aspect of child development.
- Balance – The right balance between fun and learning.
- Programs – Specifically developed for preschool children by a former RAD (Royal Academy of Dance) examiner
- Teachers – Highly qualified and experienced teachers, trained to deliver the Kinderballet™ Program.
- Music – Specifically developed to teach our preschool ballet program.
- Affordability – We offer an affordable preschool ballet experience – rather than a cheap one – we don’t require expensive uniforms, nor do we coerce you into overpriced end of year concerts.
For more details on the classes we offer please go to the DanceTots Classes page.
“Both my girls love DanceTots! Miss Sophia is a wonderful teacher who truly enjoys teaching the little ballerinas. Her ballet classes are well structured for little ones to keep them interested and have lots of fun. I would highly recommend DanceTots, for a fun, relaxed dance school.” – Jane